Hello My Lovelies 🙂 !
I posted a picture on my Instagram of my weightloss transformation and got a ton of requests on what I did to achieve that weightloss. So after many, many requests here it is.
A little background on me
I had always been a very big girl and a very short girl, which is not the best combination. I am only 5ft (yes I’m very short) and was almost 95kg at the time, I was weighing at my heaviest and I know that it had gotten to a point where I knew I had to do something about it.
In total back then I went from being 95kg to being 55kg which in total = 40kg lost. This took me close to 6 months to loose most of the weight and then it was a hard process maintaining and dropping the rest of the weight.
Determination, Motivation, Focus and simply sticking to what you say you are going to do IS KEYY!!!!
My diet routine
- Breakfast- I would usually have a bowl of oats or bran flakes with skimmed milk (the red one!) & and black coffee
- Lunch- A grilled chicken breast (NOT FRIED!) and a salad with no salt, no oil, no cheese, no dressing, pretty much no nothing!
- Dinner- for me was a very small portioned meal and eaten no later than 18:00. I would usually have low fat Greek yoghurt with fruits.
- Snacks- I would drink detox teas everyday and eat about 5 portions of fruit a day (don’t over do it on the fruit, they also contain sugar).
My exercise routine
From Monday-Friday I would do a two hour daily workout (two DVD’s), which was the Insanity workout (I purchased mine form Amazon) & 1 hour of Zumba (if i had the energy).
On Saturday and Sunday I would do a 4 hour workout which was 2 rounds of the Insanity workout & tummy exercises and leg exercises, I didn’t do these 4hours back to back (you can find plenty on YouTube, so NO EXCUSES).
I understand my exercise routine is not for everyone, so I suggest you find an activity you love to do, if your not a “gym person”
Tips & Motivation
- I personally stayed away from carbs such as: Bread, Rice, Spaghetti (some may argue this is unhealthy, but this worked for me so I stuck to it.)
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER! I cant stress this enough, carry a bottle of water around with you if you have to.
- I didn’t add any flavouring in my food and any sugar in my coffee or tea because when it comes to weightloss “A moment on the lips, forever on the hips”
- If you have a slow digestive system, use green tea or detox tea.
- If you see that you stop dropping the Kg’s that’s because you body has plateaued, this is when your body adapts to your diet and exercise routine, so you will need to change it up. In most cases you will either increase the duration of your workout or the Intensity.
- NO EXCUSES! I personally believe excuses are for people who are not ready or are not motivated to achieve their goal and just want a quick fix without putting the work. I was studying and working at the same time and I still found time to do my exercises and stick to my diet.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY STICK TO IT! Everything and anything is possible!
This was my diet and exercise routine, I hope it helps you in your goals. Remember everyone’s different, you will have weeks where you will loose a lot and weeks that you will loose nothing, but keep going because you will see a difference.
I currently study a very compact course at University College London (UCL) one of the worlds leading universities, which takes up most of my time and I still find time to do everything.
STICK TO IT AND KEEP GOING, YOU WILL GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT. If you have any-more questions drop me a comment.
Good Luck Everyone!